My Chaos Cultists

My Chaos Cultists

Monday 26 May 2014

7th Edition is here...and I'm still unsure!

So 7th edition dropped. My household of course had a copy as soon as it was released. I gave it a quick glance, and initially I loved the build quality. I also loved that they split the books up so you don't have to lug 600  hard cover bound pages around to games. The artwork is lovely. The painting showcase is lovely, and you can see one of my favourite instagram contributors in there too.

Now, seeing as how I can't pry the rulebook away from the husband's hands quite yet, I haven't been able to sit down and write a comprehensive review on it. That will be coming next week. But I can tell you this: I'm still unsure about whether or not I want to play in the tournament with the new edition rule set. I have watched a few batreps and just as I thought, the current rule set will be exploited by power gamers too. WAAC players are like life in Jurassic Park, they will always find a way. I like the new rules for friendly games, which is the majority of my experiences. Anything that seems too powerful will be rewritten as a house rule. I don't have this option for a tournament. Maybe I will just go and play some pick up games instead.

Next week I will have a full review of the new rules. How are you guys liking 7th edition? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment