My Chaos Cultists

My Chaos Cultists

Monday 19 May 2014

I Need Some Advice on Fluff

I know this is a tactics blog, but I really could use some advice on fluff. 

The fluff is the first thing people ask about when they hear what army you play. Who is your primarch, what is your deal? I have tried three times to create fluff and when I try to explain it to people I either get "well, the Word Bearers cover that, you should just be Word Bearers," or "Well, in this one novel, one time this one character said this one thing that totally means that your army is counter to the 40k Universe." Seriously, multiple people have said these things, multiple times. It kinda pops my excitement balloon, if you know what I mean. 

I really play the game for the tactics and strategy, but I do feel like I am missing out on a big part of the flavour of this hobby. 

So what do you guys think? What is the best way to create fluff that is compelling for you while still satisfying the fluff know-it-alls? 

No comments:

Post a Comment