My Chaos Cultists

My Chaos Cultists

Monday 21 April 2014

Why Chaos Space Marines Appeal To Me

This blog entry is in response to this video here that "theWarhammerLady" on youtube posted about a year and a half ago. Now this video is basically her response to the question "do women look at Warhammer in a different way than men?"

We women do usually look at the hobby differently, since we come from different places and have different experiences in life. I think that even among the female gamers, the outlook is very different; just look at how we all choose our armies. WarhammerLady chose Orks because the fluff appealed to her first. Other female vloggers have chosen certain armies because of how they look. This is a post about how I, as a woman, came to choose Chaos Space Marines.

When I first started dating my husband, he told me about Warhammer 40K and I knew I had to try it. I grew up with board games and Risk, and I loved strategy video games. If you could wear out a bluray, my copy of Civilization Revolution for PS3 would have been bought three times over. Since he had almost every army out there, we did a demo game. I played Tyranids I believe, and while he let me win(of course) I knew that was not the army for me. I thought the army looked really awesome but I couldn't handle moving a million models at the beginning of every one of my turns. I also played Eldar, Necrons and Orks, and again these armies all looked great but they just were not the right fit for how I wanted to play the game.

Loyalist marines were also out. I just really can't play "the good guys". I knew that my army, whichever one I settled on, would be very nasty. Also I knew I needed an army that could shoot and assault. I love the assault but as a fan of first person shooters I love guns too. So after all was considered, I decided to give Chaos Space Marines a try. I loved their game play. They were fast paced and allowed me to run up and force the action. I then got a copy of "Blood Gorgons" from the Black Library and I was fully hooked. The fluff made me just as excited as the game play, so I knew it was the right fit.

The rest, as they say, is history.

I am focusing on my CSM currently, but I am thinking about a second and third army. I want Chaos Daemons because I love the Dark Gods, and I want a Necron army because of my love of the Terminator movies and science fiction. But these are things to cover next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment